Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How this blog is being used

Good morning to all!

This blog's purpose is to develop interaction outside of class with AP music theory students and teachers. It is meant to specifically discuss and develop ideas for the further application of theoretical techniques mastered in the classroom, and to provide a written forum for the expression of those ideas.

This week, my students have been asked to post comments related to a project we spent the past three classes creating. They are high school Advanced Placement students (Juniors and Seniors) who are now preparing to take the AP exam in May.

The blog is a great learning tool for this group - they are motivated and willing to participate in this pilot program. Also, it gives an outlet for discussion that we do not have time to hold in class.

What ways are others using this tool which could streamline the process for us?

(Theory Students - do not respond to this post for the project assignment - respond to "The Project" using the comments section)

1 comment:

  1. (Theo left this comment which I accepted under the wrong post)

    Hello, Stephen~

    You have a very interesting blog and I am very impressed with what you are teaching (and being Catholic myself, appreciative). Your blog seems wonderful. While I realize that this blog is for AP music theory students and teachers, I have one suggestion that arises from a small concern. Would there be a way to make the blog more accessible to all music students, by perhaps posting definitions, theories and other ‘musical-bridging’ educational material on it? In my youth, I played two different instruments (one for the school band), but your blog is beyond me. However, if there would be other posts that could help me ‘catch up to speed,’ I might be able to comprehend your blog better. Perhaps another way is to have links to sites that could help laymen like me. Other than that, I can find too much to improve on what you are already doing.

    Theo

    ReplyDelete