Thursday, April 2, 2009

Podcast Survey (click here to hear my Podcast)

Steps for creating and posting podcasts online – please comment if you found an easier way!

Step 1: Visit Audacity's website http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ and download Audacity.

Step 2: Using Audacity, record at least three student responses to your questionnaire regarding their technology use. I recommend saving each student's file separately so it is easier to find the sound clips you need later.

Step 3: Using Audacity, record your assessment of the data you collected. Cut and paste student responses into your recording to support your findings.

Step 4: Visit LAME’s website http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/ to download LAME MP3 encoder. You need this to export your saved Audacity file as an MP3.

Step 5: Export (save as) your file as MP3 format (you will need to “locate” the LAME.dll file for this – look under “programs” on your system hard drive)

Step 6: Post your MP3 to a site such as http://www.4shared.com/ You can create an account and upload the file immediately.

Step 7: Visit http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=80259&topic=12535 for instructions on how to embed your podcast URL to your blog (if you are using Blogger, which I highly recommend). NOTE: I did not use embedding - when I created my post, I used Blogger's option to make the title link to my podcast's web host.

Step 8: Test everything to make sure it works. Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. I am trying to follow your steps but hit a snag at step 7. How do you find the HTML code for the file? Better yet, how did you embed your audio file in the heading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil,

    Thanks for posting your comment! Step 7 looks scary, and actually did not work all that well for me either (which is why I wrote the "NOTE" there).

    What I recommend (and what I did) is to create a new post. When you create a post, you input a title. Just under the box for the title is a box for a URL. Whatever URL is put in that box will be what people are redirected to when they click on your title. That is how I put a link to my podcast here.

    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all of your hard work and help. Do we need to have a specific program on the computer to hear the audio file? I was able to post the URL on my blog much like you did and tried to listen to the file on my other computer but was unable.

    ReplyDelete